Banana Lumpia (HI Superfoods Project Submission)
Known as Turon, banana lumpia is a popular Filipino snack. Vegan, kid friendly, quick & easy, under 30 minutesShare on Facebook
- 5 ea large bananas
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 24 ea lumpia wrapper defrosted
- oil for frying
- 1 tbsp water as needed
- Halve or quarter bananas (based on size)
- Place sugar in a shallow bowl and coat bananas on all sides
- Wrap each coated banana with lumpia wrapper sealing the edge with a finger dipped in water
- Heat cooking oil in fryer or large saucepan to about 350° F
- Working in batches, fry lumpia until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Transfer cooked lumpia to a paper towel-lined plate using a slotted spoon.
- Let cool slightly and enjoy!
This recipe is:
- Keiki Friendly